Stay Cool by Beating the Heat [Infographic]
When it comes to keeping your home cool in the hot and sweltering summer
months, leave no stone unturned in aiding your AC as it quietly and steadily
battles the solar blaze above your head.
There are ways to keep your home cooler in the interior, such as waiting
to cook things until the cooler hours when windows can be opened. There
are things you can add to your interior like plantation shutters or protective
films on your windows.
There are things you can do to your home’s construction, such as
adding strategic vents and changing colors on your home. There are even
things you can do in your yard such as planting deciduous trees and adding
landscaping in certain layouts that will reduce the exterior temps near
If you are building a home don’t forget to plan in extra features
that will benefit your home with naturally passive cooling that also reduces
your energy bill.
Enjoy and share these tips – and have a terrific summer!
- Energy Savers Tips: Air Conditioners
- Save Energy by Using Your Lawn as an Air Conditioner
- Cooling Your Home Naturally
- Thermal Effects of Vines on Wall Temperatures [PDF]
- White Roofs Offer a Simple Strategy to Help Combat Global Warming
- Energy Smart Insulation: Attic Ventilation
Tom's Mechanical offers ideas to keep your home cool.